The Right Way to Wear a Safety Helmet
For those places with high-hazard such as construction site with potential impacts from falling or glancing objects or other industrial areas, safety helmets are needed to provide excellent head protection to wearers. A safety helmet is vital for your safety, but it only effective when it is worn properly.
The inside of an assembled safety helmet
Here are the steps how to wear a safety helmets:
- Put the safety helmet upside down with the front peak facing away from you.
- Pull the suspension system out of the safety helmet to check and make sure that no webbing is wrapping around the headband. Ensure that the adjustable ratchet or tab is in the opposite direction of the front peak - that is the back of the safety helmet.
- Install the head band. Normally, there are four self-locking clips for fastening the headband to the assigned slots of safety helmets. Install them in the right way and ensure them are aligned in the center of your safety helmet.
- Adjust safety helmet to make it fit. For example, you can tight the suspension if you have a smaller size or loose them if larger room is needed.
- If you are always work above the ground, or at windy environments, then chin straps are needed to be fastened to the safety helmets to make sure that the helmet will not fall off.
Do not wear a safety helmet by turning it around backside or tilted to the side. Make sure that the helmet is always pointing to the front and placed firmly on your head.