Instruction about Cleaning Safety Helmets
Generally, keeping the safety helmet clean can effectively extend its service time, especially for those helmets always exposure to outdoor environments. But the inappropriate way of cleaning may damage the surface of safety helmets instead of keeping it clean.
A safety helmet after cleaning
Steps of cleaning outer shell:
- Put the dirty safety helmet on a clean and soft surface.
- Utilizing a piece of cloth to clean out large debris in the surface of the helmet.
- Damp the cloth. Place some dish detergent or warm soapy water on it, then wipe and smear the helmet.
- Wait for a moment until the detergent or soapy water penetrates the stuck-on dirt.
- Wipe the helmet using clean warm water and another piece of clean cloth until all the soap and debris is gone.
- Dry the safety helmet in the shade.
Steps of cleaning suspension ＆sweatband:
- Clean the plastic suspension in the same way as the shell.
- As to cotton or nylon sweatband, clean it in a regular way because it is washable. So you can wash it by your self or in the laundry. Meanwhile, they are replaceable and not last as long as the shell of safety helmet.